PLEASE RESPECT MY COPYWRITE AND DO NOT COPY OR PIN PHOTOGRAPHS OR TEXT FROM THIS BLOG. THANK YOU.
Click here for more graphics and gifs!

Save Our Hedgehogs

For more information please go to http://www.hedgehogstreet.org/pages/hedgehog-street.html

Tuesday 26 December 2017

A day late but..

I know, it's boxing day - a day late to wish you happy Christmas.  None the less I send greetings to one and all in the hope that however you spent yesterday it was the way you wanted to celebrate it.

Hoping that 2018 will be a good year, and your hopes and dreams can be attained, and you enjoy good health with your loved ones.

Someone posted the following on Facebook, I thought what beautiful words for us all:


Here's to new life, new beginnings, fresh starts & second chances. 
Here's to making friends or making amends, making up or breaking up. 
Here's to a new you and a new me but still being the same us. 
Here's to those who can't be here but to remember them is a must.
... Here's to looking ahead with a smile, to giving everything & everyone a try. 
Here's to forgetting bad feelings that weigh you down, be lighter on your feet & lose the frown.
Here's to keeping your head up, with pride, song & heart. 
Here's to being better people, the best that we can be.
Here's to them, us, him, her, you & me.
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Unknown author

I would like to return to my blog in 2018 in a different way, for no longer to do buy mountains of things that catch my eye, and am still, slowly cutting back and pruning my home into shape.  Don't fret - I cannot be a minimalist!
Since loosing my sweet little cat Sid last December I have a new dear rescue cat Sorrel that I share my life with...and I will introduce her to you soon. 

So for now, I close wishing you all well.

With my very best wishes to you all.  (If anyone is still out there!)




8 comments:

ann said...

Rose, So glad to see the you are back! I always enjoyed your writing and stories so much. I meant to respond to your second email, but I think I forgot to. Got busy, but I am just happy that you are doing well. Happy Boxing Day. (Don't really know you celebrate on this day since we don't have it here in the States.) So, I'll also wish you Happy New Year. Cheers!

Rose H (UK) said...

Thank you Ann, don't worry it's always manic this time of year.
Sending love across the miles. xx

Mary said...

Oh goodness dear Rose - this is the best belated Christmas greeting ever! SO glad to know you are OK and getting on with your life and a new kitty. Know it's been hard with dear Trevor gone and I have thought of you often. Are you still rescuing hedgehogs? Are you really out of the antiques business? How great it will be to have you back here blogging this new year. . . . . . . .I'll be watching for your posts and stories, and perhaps you'll comment now and then on my blog too, I'd love to see you pop up there again!

Bob joins me in wishing you a very healthy and happy New Year.
With love and best wishes - Mary x

Denise said...

Hi Rose,

Happy Boxing Day, and it's so good to hear from you again! I was thinking about you recently and wondering how you're doing. We would love for you to return to blogging; I always enjoyed your blog posts. Can't wait to see your sweet new cat, Sorrel. :)

I hope you're keeping well, my friend. I haven't been blogging consistently, as my dad has been very sick over the past year. We still managed to have a nice Christmas, though. I hope 2018 will be a good year for us all, don't you?

Love and best wishes,

Denise at Forest Manor

Rose H (UK) said...

Sweet Mary, how lovely to get greetings from you and Bob.
I've been travelling a long, rocky road but now l feel like l need to re-connect with my far flung friends.
Yes, sweet hedgehogs still figure in my life, though sadly l see far less of them.
I am so grateful that my precious little puss and l found each other, we both needed love and companionship.
I've thought of you often over the last few weeks particularly as l have been using my Merry Christmas shopper!
Will catch up very soon, take care, keep well.
Love and very best wishes to you both.
xx xx

Rose H (UK) said...

Hi Denise
Lovely to hear from you 😊.
Sorry to read about your Dad's health problems, l hope he is soon on the road to recovery.l am pleased that you managed to enjoy Christmas though.
I certainly hope 2018 is a good year for us all.
Take care my friend.
Sending love and very best wishes. xx xx

Snowbird said...

Just wonderful to hear from. Such a lovely post, pleased to know you will be getting back to blogging after what I know has been a very difficult time for you. Ahhhh, sounds like Sid fell on his feet. All the very best to you, have a wonderful New Year.xxxxx

Rose H (UK) said...

Oh Dina, how lovely to hear from you.
I have read some of your posts, but haven't commented sorry.
Hope you and your nearest and dearest have a happy and healthy 2018.
With love and very best wishes.
Rose H xx xx