PLEASE RESPECT MY COPYWRITE AND DO NOT COPY OR PIN PHOTOGRAPHS OR TEXT FROM THIS BLOG. THANK YOU.
Click here for more graphics and gifs!

Save Our Hedgehogs

For more information please go to http://www.hedgehogstreet.org/pages/hedgehog-street.html

Sunday 20 February 2011

Another day at Dagfields :o)

I've had a really great day out with two dear friends at Dagfields Antique and Craft Emporium.
They picked me up from home at about 9.30 am and we set off on a cold and miserable damp day for Cheshire a journey of about 35 miles.  We arrived ready for a days mooching and buying!


Then the fun began...there's the shabby chic look

the lovely, but to my eyes overcrowded look

(where does the bed begin and the cushions start?)
The classy furniture...

Loved this unit :o)

Vintage accessories - dig those golden shoes!

The clear, clean layouts.

Another vintage frock and some Victorian pussy cats.

A truly AWFUL porcelain statue..(shudder)

A lovely Victorian ewer and bowl in blue and white, of course!

Swarowski crystal do-dahs.

Jewellery, I can't believe I actually took this photo and didn't 'see' the blue glass heart!

Chucks 'n chicks!

We stopped for a sit down and some lunch...and then started again :o)
Looking at more -

Trinkets and teasmades.

Lovely lamps and magical mirrors.

Super sized hurricanes on crazed glass tables.

And the mirror I fell in love with!  (sadly, no where to hang it)

What did I buy? 


A 'spare' small meat plate just in case I break the one from my 'special' set
which are the identical make, colour and pattern....see on my dresser!

It is only the second piece I've EVER found and a bargain £3.

then from the leather shop

Sheepskin gloves - reduced to £5,
and something I really did need :o)
And a pair of these sheepskin boots...reduced from £88 to £60

We called in at Slaters Craft Village for a quick look round but no purchases as they were just closing for the day - and I left my camera in the car :-(

Then home again, skint and exhausted!

All in all a great day, lots of laughs in fabulous company.

Hope you've enjoyed a visit to Dagfields with me,  see you all soon,  Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Best wishes to all

9 comments:

Brownieville Girl said...

Lovely way to spend the day with friends - and fruitful too!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i love to shop in places like that. what a fun day! and you were lucky to find that meat plate. way to go!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds like such fun. Loved the tour. It is so fun to see all the old things. Your treasures are wonderful. Hugs, Marty

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Thanks for taking us shopping with you, Rose! Funny..I was checking out the photos for a blue and white platter! Yours is lovely! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

gena said...

What a neat shop ! I've always wanted to visit England, and you surely make it look even more appealing !!!!!

gena

George The Lad said...

Hello Auntie Rose, well it looks like a load of tat to me, but I know you Sandy and mom had a good time.
That's one thing I don't need boots, just as well at that price!! I'd need two pairs!!
I do like a good pair of gloves, so next time you come over bring them with you and I'll check them out ;)
See Yea George xxx

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Rose, thanks for the comment and information on my Hammersley tea cups. I tried to look them up but could not find what I wanted.....please stop by again!

acorn hollow said...

Thank you for taking us along. Sorry you didn't see the heart it is so pretty
Cathy

Unknown said...

Rose,

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I did not do any thrifting this weekend. Hubby and I worked on organizing our basement, going through boxes of things from consolidating 5 households. When we married in 2005, between us, we owned five homes. Since then we have sold three, so we are down to two. But oh my word, so much stuff. But it's great fun to go through everything. I have quite a bit for sale and plan to have a garage sale in a few weeks.

Hope you have a great week.

Kathy

PS: Still enjoying my little dish from you!